P/T Program Specialist (WCC) – Transfer Coordination
The following positions require familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: January 24, 2019
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: P/T Program Specialist (WCC) – Transfer Coordination
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: The P/T Program Specialist (WCC) – Transfer Coordination will report directly to the Assistant Dean Academic Affairs to increase the number of transfer articulation agreements with four-year partners, addressing program-specific transfer needs. The incumbent will work closely with the Assistant Dean Academic Affairs, half-time Transfer Counselor, and Title V Coordinator and Director to achieve grant goals and objectives. The incumbent will also:
- Maintain knowledge and comply with Title V Grant guidelines and SUNY/NYSED guidelines.
- Ensure that related policies and procedures are followed;
- Update and expand existing transfer articulation agreements with four-year institutions, including new degrees, sustaining existing agreements and increasing innovative transfer agreements (e.g. Associates-to-Bachelors-to Masters degrees) and concurrent & dual enrollment agreements with four-year institutions, inclusive of a comprehensive business plan (marketing, communications, technical, curriculum roadmap);
- Coordinate transfer articulation signing ceremonies;
- Support the Assistant Dean Academic Affairs by maintaining a comprehensive institutional transfer agreement database;
- Undertake applicable research in support of transfer agreements and SUNY transfer pathways;
- Obtain statistics from partner institutions and National Student Clearinghouse regarding Westchester Community College graduates and their success rates;
- All other duties, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 two years of higher education experience in Academic Affairs and/or curriculum & program development is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree in Higher Education and three years of higher education experience in Academic Affairs and/or curriculum & program development is strongly preferred. Transfer & articulation agreements/transfer counseling experience also strongly preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $33.92/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here.” Send resumes, cover letters, three (3) professional references and copies of transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “P/T Program Specialist (WCC)-Transfer Coordination” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.